The paleo diet (also nicknamed as caveman diet) goes by what would you eat if you are a caveman?
Here, we will explain you what is paleo diet its benefits.
What can I eat in Paleo?
Apple, Avocado, Banana, Berries (black berries, blue berries, cranberries etc.,), Cherries, Figs, Grapes, Guava, Kiwi, Lemon, Lychee, Mango, Orange, Papaya, Pomegranate, Plums, Pineapple and Watermelon
Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Dandelion, Eggplant, Endive , Green Onions, Kale, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Onions, Parsley, Peppers, Pumpkin, Radish, Rhubarb, Romaine Lettuce, Rutabaga, Seaweed, Spinach, Squash, Swiss Chard, Tomato, Turnips , Watercress and Zucchini.
Nuts, Seeds and Oils
Avocado Oil, Butter, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Olive Oil., Almonds, Cashews., Hazelnuts, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Pine Nuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds and Walnuts.
Chicken, Eggs, Lamb, Pork, Turkey, Lobster, Salmon and Tuna.
What I should not eat in Paleo?
Artificial Ingredients, Sodas, Partially Hydrogenated Oils, Junk Food, Fast Food, Sugar, Grains, Dairy, Processed Foods, Legumes, Potatoes and Pseudo grains.
Though this list has almost 75% of foods to avoid this can’t be exhaustive list.
1. Balanced Blood Glucose Level - Cos you avoid Sugar and potatoes
2. Keeps You Feeling Fuller Longer - Yes, There is no restriction on how much to eat, you can eat full.
3. Get Better Sleep - By cutting out the chemicals and additives in typical food sources you’ll find that your body naturally gets tired at night.
4. Cuts out Empty Carbs and Calories – Sodas, fast foods, Junk foods, dairy products and other sugary beverages are out when doing Paleo because there’s nothing prehistoric about them.
5. Gives You More Energy - When you combine Paleo-approved foods in the right way, you’re getting a well-balanced meal with a protein, carb, and vegetable and you’re getting it from all-natural sources.
6. Provides Detoxing Effects
7. Effortless Weight Loss - Switching over to a Paleo you will notice that the weight just starts coming off.
PS: If you’re diabetic/ undergoing any treatment check with your doctor to see if they approve of this diet plan.